Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pros and Cons

For my research paper I am taking the side that the paparazzi are a bad factor in celebrities' lives. From my studies I have seen that they do more harm then good for these stars. Therefore, any information that I found against the paparazzi is a pro for my argument, and any information that is for the paparazzi is a con in my argument.

On the pro side of the argument, I am trying to prove that the paparazzi are interfering with the lives of celebrities. Because of these constant hounding photographers, these stars have to change their lives. They cannot leave their homes without being harassed, and they are sometimes even violated with pictures when they are at their homes. It is not even just them some of the times. Many of the paparazzi become obsessed with their family life as well, and are therefore getting the families and children involved. Some of these celebs even have to avoid going to certain places that they love just so that people won't be following them. Also, it is now possible that a photographer may do illegal things just to get a shot. It has come to the point that the law is starting to have to get involved.

On the con side, paparazzi that think they are doing nothing wrong say that celebrities are fair game. They should be able to take pictures of them just like any person can take a picture of anything. They also argue that a celebrity would not have a career if they were not photographed, because then no one would know of them. The paparazzi claim that celebs want their picture taken when they are trying to become successful, but once they are there, they think the picture taking should automatically stop. A celebrity also doesn't mind when the pictures are advocating a good side of their life. Any law that forbids the paparazzi, they are now claiming to violate their right to the first amendment. Their job is to take picture, and they should be able to do this no matter what it takes.

Based on the research I have done I am choosing to support the pro side, that paparazzi are harming these celebrities. Everything I have found has clearly led to the ideas that the lives of stars are being effected in a negative way.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Steph,

I love your topic. I think that it is a great topic that is often not viewed. I also very much agree with your point of view. Many stories get twisted due to the photographs taken by paparazzi. I think it's very important to the celeberties that they do not get bothered by this.

I also agree with your point with the families getting involved due to the paparazzi. Innocent children and families should not have to deal with the paparazzi because of their family members.

This topic is really good and will make for an awesome research paper.

Jen B.

Reina said...

Hey Steph,

Obviously we are both doing the same topic! At first I wasn't sure which stand I was going to take but after reading through my own research and your blog I finally decided against the paparazzi, so thank you! Anyways, I completely agree with what you have to say about the paparazzi. They've become out of control recently and they cause harm to many peoples' lives. Most of this has also come through my research and after reading everything celebrities had to say i realized how much they are negatively affected by the paparazzi. I also love my topic and I think it's very interesting to write about during this time period when Hollywood is everywhere.